How to File a Complaint

If you believe you have experienced discrimination and would like to file a complaint of discrimination in housing, public accommodations, or state employment, you can call the Human Rights Commission at 800-416-2010, ext. 25, or 802-828-1625.  Alternatively, you can download and print a complaint form below, fill out the form and then e-mail, mail, or fax it to us at:

Vermont Human Rights Commission

14-16 Baldwin Street

Montpelier, VT  05633-6301

fax:  802-828-2481


If you have any question about whether your complaint fits under the jurisdiction of the Human Rights Commission, click here.

* PLEASE NOTE: If you have a complaint related to a student's IEP, please call the Vermont Department of Education at 828-3135. The Vermont Human Rights Commission does not have jurisdiction over special education complaints.

If you would like more information about the investigation process and procedures, please read the guide and review the flowchart below: