How to File a Complaint


If you believe you have experienced discrimination and would like to file a Complaint of Discrimination in housing, public accomodations, or state employment:


You can call the Human Right Commission at 800-416-2010 or 802-828-1625


Alternatively, you can fill out a complaint form online and email our office at: 

EMPLOYMENT complaint form

HOUSING complaint form


SCHOOL complaint form


Or download and print a complaint form (EMPLOYMENT   HOUSING   PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS   SCHOOL )

then e-mail, mail, or fax it to us at: 

Vermont Human Rights Commission

14-16 Baldwin Street

Montpelier, VT  05633-6301

fax:  802-828-2481

* PLEASE NOTE: If you have a complaint related to a student's IEP, please call the Vermont Department of Education at 828-3135. The Vermont Human Rights Commission does not have jurisdiction over special education complaints.


If you have any question about whether your complaint fits under the jurisdiction of the Human Rights Commission, click here.



If you would like more information about the investigation process and procedures, please read the guide and review the flowchart below: