The Vermont Human Rights Commission has the authority to enforce the following laws:
- The Vermont Fair Housing and Public Accommodations Act (29 KB)
- The Vermont Fair Employment Practices Act (35 KB)
- The Parental and Family Leave Act (25 KB)
In addition, by extension through contract, the Commission enforces federal housing and employment laws on behalf of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
The statute that created the Vermont Human Rights Commission as well as our rules are available below:
- The Human Rights Commission Statute (23 KB)
- Rules of the Vermont Human Rights Commission (34 KB)
- Vermont statutes online
- Vermont Department of Libraries - Law Related
- Vermont Supreme Court Case Database
- Official U.S. Supreme Court Website
PROPOSED RULES OF THE VERMONT HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION:
HEARING DATES: January 16, 2014 at the HRC Office, 14-16 Baldwin Street, Montpelier, VT at 2:00 PM; January 28, 2014, White River Junction, Vermont - State Dept of Health Building, 225 Holiday Drive at 2:00 P.M.
COMMENTS: Please submit any written comments to Executive Director Karen Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Investigator Ellen Maxon (email@example.com) by February 7, 2014 via email or U.S. mail.