Skip to main content

An Official Vermont Government Website

Vermont State Logo


This website is currently under construction and should be updated soon.  Please contact us via e-mail or phone if you required support.  

The Vermont Human Rights Commission has jurisdiction over allegations of unlawful discrimination in housing, places of public accommodation and State employment.
If you believe you may have experienced discrimination, please call the Human Rights Commission at 800-416-2010, or fill out and send in a complaint form. Places of public accommodation include schools, restaurants, stores, professional offices, government agencies and other places offering goods or services to the general public.

If you work for a private employer and believe you may have experienced discrimination visit the Vermont Attorney General's Office Civil Rights Web Page or call them at 888-745-9195.

The protected categories for each area of jurisdiction are as follows: