File a Complaint

If you believe you have experienced discrimination and would like to file a Complaint of Discrimination in housing, public accommodations, or state employment:

You can call the Human Rights Commission at 800-416-2010 (in-state only) or 802-828-2480 in order to schedule an intake appointment. You can also fill out a complaint form online and either mail or email it to the Human Rights Commission's office. 

Vermont Human Rights Commission
14-16 Baldwin Street
Montpelier, VT  05633-6301


Review the Legal and Jurisdiction pages on this website if you have any questions or are unsure whether your complaint falls within the jurisdiction of the Human Rights Commission. If your complaint does not relate to discrimination in Housing, Public Accommodations, or State Government Employment, our staff may be able to provide you with resources or referrals to the appropriate organization or agency.


Public Accommodations

*Please Note: If you have a complaint related to a student's IEP, please call the Vermont Agency of Education at (802) 828-3135. The Vermont Human Rights Commission does not have jurisdiction over special education complaints.


*Please Note: The online questionnaire was created by the Office of the Attorney General's Civil Rights Unit in order to process employment complaints. If your complaint pertains to state government employment, your intake information will be shared with, and processed by, the Human Rights Commission.

Information About the Investigation Process and Procedures